Our quilting group strives to share knowledge and skills with everyone in the Louisville and Southern Indiana area who has an interest in quilting. Most classes, workshop, demos, and lectures are free for our members.
Sewing Machine & Basic Supplies include:
Sewing machine, manual, and tools
Extra needles (hand & machine)
Small cutting board (12 x 18)
Iron and ironing surface
Should a full size cutting mat or 24” ruler be required for a specific class, they will be provided by LNT.
Classes and Workshops for 2019:
IMPORTANT: If Jefferson County Schools are closed or if they close early because of inclement weather on our meeting day, our meeting will be cancelled.
June 27, 2019 – Road Show to Liberty, Kentucky
More information coming
July 4, 2019 – No Night Meeting for July
July 18, 2019 – 10 am – 2 pm Quilted Joy for Cuddle Care
Come for a day of fun, fellowship and QUILTING. We will meet at Quilted Joy, the local APQS shop owned by LNT member, Angela Huffman, who has a contagious quilting habit. We will receive a “quick lesson” on how to use the long arm machines and then quilt away on the guild’s charitable quilts for the Children’s Hospital. Wear comfortable shoes!
Non-long arm participants please bring a sewing machine to apply binding. Pre-made bindings will be provided.
Bring a brown bag lunch. A refrigerator is available for use.
July 25, 2019 – 10 am – 4 pm Sit and Sew / Cuddle Care Quilt Binding
Plenty of Cuddle Care quilts and binding will be on hand. Bring your sewing machine. Josh is providing lunch, please notify Debbie Hampton (502-435-9526) prior to 10:30am if you would like to be fed.
The store currently sells Janome and Brother sewing machines. Josh says he may have Berninas by July 25. He is ready to work a “special deal” for any machine purchase. All other store items will be 20% off for our group.
Come eat lunch with Josh and join the party!
July 28, 2019 – Children’s Quilt Show
Here is the flier for the 2019 Children’s Quilt Show which includes registration instructions.
Date: July 28, 2019
Time: 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Location: Jeffersontown 2 Fire Dept.
Formerly McMahan Fire Dept.
4318 Taylorsville Rd. Louisville, KY 40220
August 1, 2019 – 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm LNT Birthday Party
August 15, 2019 – 10 am – 2 pm – Photo to Art Quilting – Barbara Rogers
- A fine point sharpie, a pencil, chalk, or frixon marker to mark your fabric
- Freezer paper
- Scraps of fabric, batiks, solid or nearly solid of colors in your photo. (We can share.)
- A piece of batting and a piece of background appox. 12×14 inches. We are making a small piece, so you don’t need much.
- A bobbin filled with clear mono-filament thread
- Several thread spools in colors to match your photo
- Your sewing machine with a free motion foot, usual sewing supplies. You will need small sharp scissors. A cutting mat and rotary cutter will not be needed.
- A glue stick or glue basting, or liquid fuse (my preference)
- Iron, pressing sheet, small ironing pad. (We can share this, too).
August 19, 2019 – 10 am – 4 pm Kentucky State Fair
LNT will be making Maryhurst bags at one of the demonstration tables.
September 5, 2019 – 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm – Reverse Appliqué – Tamila Johnson-White
- providing examples of when reverse appliqué is a good option and why
- providing examples of needle turned and raw edge reverse appliqué technique and when each is better
- showing a piece, with lessons learned
- discussing and demonstrating different products used for reverse appliqué, including starch, fusible and glue.
Finally, she will provide a pattern we can use to try reverse appliqué at home.
September 19, 2019 – 10 am – 2 pm Cuddle Care
Cuddle Care workshop will complete previously made squares utilizing the Quilt-As-You-Go technique. Bring your machine, basic sewing supplies, neutral thread and a brown bag lunch.
Location: The Jeffersonian, 10617 Taylorsville Rd, Louisville, KY 40299
September 27-28 Heartland of Kentucky Quilt Show
Pritchard Community Center
404 South Mulberry St.
Friday, September 27,2019 9am – 5pm
Saturday, September 28, 2019 9am – 4pm
Presented by the Stitchers Quilt Guild
Approximately 400 quilts made by local artists on display, including Kentucky Heritage Quilt Society (KHQS) quilts and Hoffman Challenge Quilts.
Vendors on display to sell quilt related items and supplies.
How to demonstrations throughout both days.
Prizes, drawings, door prizes and opportunities!!!
Quilt displays, with narration, to be shown both days during the bed turning
Refreshments sold both days
For additional information contact:
Patty Pruitt 270 307-2226
Kelly Pruitt 270 766-9732
October 3, 2019 – 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm Cone Fly Kite
October 17, 2019 – 10 am – 2 pm TBD
November 7, 2019 – 10 am – 2 pm All About Backs by Jane Adolf
November 21, 2019 – 10 am – 2 pm TBD
December 6, 2019 – 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm Christmas Party