The 2020 Cuddle Care Quilt Raffle was held in Louisville Kentucky, on August 31, 2020. In attendance were Nimble Thimble Quild members Debbie Hampton, Bettye Smith and Debbie Hofelich (all creators and donors of the quilt. Physically absent, spiritually present, was Janet Larmee, our fourth quilt creator). Also in attendance was Sylvia Kummer, who helped immensely with the quilt raffle.
All tickets were placed in a large container and shaken up. At approximately, 2:20 p.m., Debbie Hofelich drew a ticket from the container. The winner of the 2020 Cuddle Care Quilt Raffle is…..Michelle Wolfe, daughter of our own, Susan Wolfe.
The quilt was delivered to Michelle the same day, at approximately 6:45 p.m.
Cuddle Care Guidelines 2020
Norton Children’s Hospital of Louisville, Kentucky, is the chosen charity of LNT. Our goal is to donate the number of Cuddle Care quilts that equals twice the membership.
Completed quilts are the preferred donation to Cuddle Care and are a great opportunity for members to practice all aspects of quilting. Additionally, there are many other ways that members can donate to Cuddle Care:
• Pieced tops (less than 40 inches wide, may be longer than 40 inches)
• Fabric – For backings (must be at least 40 inches wide and at least 46 inches long), bindings and quarterly workshop projects
• Financial – Cash can be donated for the purchase of batting and backing materials.
Basic guidelines for Cuddle Care quilts:
• 100% cotton is the preferred fabric. Avoid heavy fabric such as denim or corduroy.
• Prewash all fabric in hot water and detergent. Do not use softener or starch.
• Cotton or polyester thread. NO monofilament.
• Hand or machine quilt. NO tied quilts.
• All quilts must be at least 36” square and may be larger.
Any questions can be addressed to the committee chair or members. You are invited to show your completed quilt or quilt top during “Show and Tell” at our regular meetings. We love sharing our creations!
Cuddle Care Patterns